Prevent Silver Tarnish
How can you prevent silver tarnish on your sterling silver jewelry?
I'm always looking for simple steps to keep my jewelry looking great and ready to wear.
Let me share these easy steps with you.
First, some basics about sterling silver.
You'll understand what causes silver tarnish and how you can prevent it.
What is Silver Tarnish?
Tarnish is a natural process that occurs to anything made of sterling silver.
is made of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper. When sterling silver is exposed to sulfur in the air, the copper in it tarnishes.
• Have you seen your sterling jewelry turning yellow?
• Has it turned brown or grey?
• Eventually, a black surface will occur if some steps are not taken to slow tarnish down. Prevent silver tarnish!
You can keep silver tarnish under control.
Here's some tarnish prevention and tarnish removers for your sterling jewelry.
• Store your sterling silver jewelry in a cool, dry, dark place. Silver tarnish has a way of sneaking up on you, especially if you live in very humid climate.
• Add anti tarnish paper in the form of strips or tabs. These have anti tarnish agents that absorb sulfur in the air, so you won't have to constantly clean and polish silver tarnish from your jewelry.
Where do you add these anti tarnish silver strips to prevent silver tarnish?
Just place them in your jewelry box.
Many jewelry boxes have liners, but without a tarnish remover.
So add you own!
Make a tarnish free jewelry box.
• Just place the strips or tabs in your jewelry box. One side has text, the other is plain. The plain side should face up for best results, double check the manufacturers instructions.
• Change them every 6 months or so.
No, you don't have to keep a calender with a 6 month reminder.
Your jewelry will tell you when it needs the paper changed!
You guessed it, your sterling silver jewelry starts to turn yellow.
Its time to change the paper!
Note: If your sterling jewelry tarnishes in less than 6 months, its probably due to the amount of moisture and humidity in the air.
Don't be concerned that the anti tarnish strips aren't working.
In fact they're doing a great job, keeping your sterling jewelry looking fabulous!
Jewelry Care for Your Sterling Silver Jewelry.
Two easy Jewelry Care tips to keep your Sterling Silver Jewelry looking beautiful.
How to Clean Silver Jewelry.
Save time and money, clean and polish your sterling silver jewelry at the same time!
Anti Tarnish Jewelry Box.
Make a cheap anti tarnish jewelry box for your sterling silver jewelry.
Sterling Silver Marks.
Sterling Silver jewelry, must contain a required amount of pure silver. What's in sterling silver and what's not.
More than just 925 sterling silver. Today's contemporary silver jewelry, have precious metals added to sterling silver. Increased tarnish resistance, durability and more revealed!
Inexpensive Sterling Silver Jewelry
Discover other precious metals available in jewelry today. Compare and uncover how inexpensive sterling silver really is.
Return from Prevent Silver Tarnish to Home at About Sterling Silver Jewelry